According to a recent article in the Wall Street Journal, an Upper East Side townhouse that was once owned by the Vanderbilt family (16 E. 69th Street) has gone into contract to an anonymous buyer for more than $47 million. That would make it the priciest single-family home sale in New York City since the collapse of Lehman Brothers.
I was interviewed recently by the Wall Street Journal, for an article that ran in the Saturday, April 30, 2011 edition about NYC-area real estate.
Read about Bergen County towns with a view of New York City in the Wall Street Journal.
Move east: now is a good time to buy property in Bergen County, NJ, just outside of NYC. For example, it is estimated that almost 70% of Las Vegas homes are "underwater" with their mortgages (see link to article below). Buy in North Jersey!
Bloomberg report: Wealthy leaving Las Vegas mansions
According to Bloomberg Businessweek, U.S. commercial real estate yields are near the highest level relative to Treasury bonds on record. Now may be the time for you to invest in commercial property.
News from the National Association of Realtors: Applications for mortgages to purchase homes rose 2.5 percent last week compared to the previous week on a seasonally adjusted basis, according to the weekly survey by the Mortgage Bankers Association. On an unadjusted basis, purchase applications increased 9.3 percent from the previous week. Purchase applications were down 34.7 percent than the same week a year ago.
If you are looking for realtors and real estate brokers, agents, agencies, & offices in northern New Jersey, look no further than Realtor® / real estate agent Karen DeMarco, and the real estate brokerage services furnished by broker Larry Kahn Real Estate, Inc
Representing sellers, home buyers, tenants & renters, and landlords in North Jersey, available real estate services include:
- Home sellers & property sales: home sales, selling a home or house, selling real estate, & selling property
- Home buyers & home purchasers: buying, buying a house, purchasing real estate, & buying property
- Home renters / landlords & property owners: apartment rentals, house rentals, condo rentals, townhome rentals, townhouse rentals, renting a home, leasing a house, rental housing, apartments for rent, and rental properties & apartment buildings
- Exclusive homes: elite, expensive luxury homes, estates, mansions, & properties
The area covered by Karen DeMarco and Larry Kahn Real Estate, Inc. includes:
- Bergen County, NJ and the towns of Allendale, Alpine, Bergenfield, Bogota, Carlstadt, Cliffside Park, Closter, Cresskill, Demarest, Dumont, East Rutherford, Edgewater, Elmwood Park, Emerson, Englewood, Englewood Cliffs, Fair Lawn, Fairview, Fort Lee, Franklin Lakes, Garfield, Glen Rock, Hackensack, Harrington Park, Hasbrouck Heights, Haworth, Hillsdale, Ho-Ho-Kus, Leonia, Little Ferry, Lodi, Lyndhurst, Mahwah, Maywood, Midland Park, Montvale, Moonachie, New Milford, North Arlington, Northvale, Norwood, Oakland, Old Tappan, Oradell, Palisades Park, Paramus, Park Ridge, Ramsey, Ridgefield, Ridgefield Park, Ridgewood, River Edge, River Vale, Rochelle Park, Rockleigh, Rutherford, Saddle Brook, Saddle River, South Hackensack, Teaneck, Tenafly, Teterboro, Upper Saddle River, Waldwick, Wallington, Washington Township, Westwood, Woodcliff Lake, Wood-Ridge, & Wyckoff
- Hudson County, NJ and the towns of Bayonne, East Newark, Guttenberg, Harrison, Hoboken, Jersey City, Kearny, North Bergen, Secaucus, Union City, Weehawken, & West New York.
A member of the Eastern Bergen County Board of Realtors® and the New Jersey MLS (NJMLS) Multiple Listing Service, real estate agent Karen DeMarco combines an extensive background and experience in sales and marketing, professional involvement in numerous local communities, and a rapport-building personality. Karen is past President of the Edgewater Chamber of Commerce and a past officer of the Dumont Chamber of Commerce. In addition to an impressive knowledge of local properties, she regularly interfaces with government officials and business leaders in Bergen County and Hudson County both professionally and in furtherance of community and social concerns.